CANSKATE A REGISTRATION
posted Sep 6, 2020, 9:47 AM
We are happy to announce that we are now able to offer CanSkate A sessions - session geared towards new young skaters! Registration is now open!
The CanSkate A program is a positive first learn to skate experience. It is a program for two to five year olds emphasizing participation and FUN.
This year's format will be different than in previous year. For the safety of both our skaters and coaches, and in compliance with the current Skate Canada guidelines, a parent must accompany the skater on the ice. Please ensure you can meet the requirements of the program prior to signing up.
- “Parent” includes members of the skater’s household or members of their social circle.
- All participants on a Parent & Tot session will be registered with Skate Canada. No switching parents during the year. The Parent indicated on the registration is required to attend each session until (and if) the skater can move up to an appropriate skating level
- Parents will be responsible for assisting their skater.
- Parents must be able to effectively skate on their own and support their skater if necessary
- Parents must wear a CSA approved helmet if their own skating level is below Stage 5 or equivalent
The size of this program will be limited to both the on-ice capacity and the arena's attendance capacity. Only one person can accompany each skater. The parent in this CanSkate A session counts, and no additional members can accompany. I know this may cause some hardships for some families, however until such time that these limits change we must operate under these limitations.