posted Oct 25, 2020, 5:01 PM
posted Oct 12, 2020, 9:31 PM
We have started the year off with selling JDSWEID chicken (Elmira Chicken)!
$5 bond per box is earned towards your family's bond
An order form has been attached to this email, or is available on the Zorra Skating Club Board
Order Form Due Date: Friday, October 23rd
Order Form Drop Offs:
- Embro - Music room mailbox
- Thamesford - With board member
- Or email form order forms to - firstname.lastname@example.org
One cheque or etransfer from families is preferred. Please include the skater's name in the comments. Etransfer can be made to email@example.com
Order Pickup Date: Orders will be picked up at the Embro Arena, with the date determined once the order is submitted. There will be a time window on this date for pickup to occur. If you are unable to pick up on the date, please arrange it so someone will be picking up your order. We do not have room to keep it frozen.
CANSKATE A REGISTRATION
posted Sep 6, 2020, 9:47 AM
We are happy to announce that we are now able to offer CanSkate A sessions - session geared towards new young skaters! Registration is now open!
The CanSkate A program is a positive first learn to skate experience. It is a program for two to five year olds emphasizing participation and FUN.
This year's format will be different than in previous year. For the safety of both our skaters and coaches, and in compliance with the current Skate Canada guidelines, a parent must accompany the skater on the ice. Please ensure you can meet the requirements of the program prior to signing up.
- “Parent” includes members of the skater’s household or members of their social circle.
- All participants on a Parent & Tot session will be registered with Skate Canada. No switching parents during the year. The Parent indicated on the registration is required to attend each session until (and if) the skater can move up to an appropriate skating level
- Parents will be responsible for assisting their skater.
- Parents must be able to effectively skate on their own and support their skater if necessary
- Parents must wear a CSA approved helmet if their own skating level is below Stage 5 or equivalent
The size of this program will be limited to both the on-ice capacity and the arena's attendance capacity. Only one person can accompany each skater. The parent in this CanSkate A session counts, and no additional members can accompany. I know this may cause some hardships for some families, however until such time that these limits change we must operate under these limitations.
posted Sep 6, 2020, 9:46 AM
Change - the theme of 2020!
2020-2021 REGISTRATION OPEN
posted Aug 16, 2020, 4:34 PM
Registration for 2020-2021 Season is now open.
Visit our website and register now: https://www.zorraskatingclub.ca/. Sign up early to avoid disappointment.
This year we are excited to announce our new online registration and payment process. If you have any questions or encounter any problems. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or shoot a question below.
A few notes:
- Limit of 15 for StarSkate – this includes all overlapping sessions. We have done our best estimate of the split. If you find a session is filled, let us know at email@example.com and we may be able to open up as needed. Otherwise, you may be waitlisted until session capacity opens up, or if registration changes.
- Limit of 20 skaters for CanSkate - we anticipate and hope this will change during the season
- Prior Year Credits - For all people that have signed up for an account, credits are already in the system. If you have not signed up and have a credit from last year, please create an account now and shoot me an email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Starskate Thamesford on Saturdays - We have added a Junior/Intermediate and Senior Session to Saturday schedule in Thamesford to generate a waitlist. If we do not have sufficient interest to run this program we will not be able to run it. Please add your skaters if you are interested.
- Limitations off ice - Only one person, per skater right now. This includes siblings in the arena. Please take child care into consideration before signing up. We understand the hardship this may have, but this is the current environment we are in and have no control to change. This will hopefully change during the season, however to avoid disappointment please ensure that your family can meet this rule. Young children cannot be left in the arena unaccompanied.
- CanSkate – Skaters must be able to skate independently and get up/down unassisted. There will be no touching. At this time, there will be no CanSkate A (or pre-CanSkate) sessions (we anticipate and hope this will change during the season). If your skater cannot do these tasks independently, please hold off on registration until such time we can offer this. This means that CanSkate B skaters must be working on stage 2.
This will be a season to remember! Thank you in advance for your support and cooperation!
posted Aug 10, 2020, 4:50 PM
⛸❄️WHO IS READY FOR THE 2020-2021 ZORRA SKATING CLUB SEASON?!❄️⛸
posted Aug 7, 2020, 12:25 PM
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
posted Aug 3, 2020, 12:29 PM
Annual General Meeting will be taking place the evening of August 17, 2020. Due to COVID, and restrictions on group gatherings, this year's meeting will be held virtually. Stay tuned for AGM instructions...
Elections for Executive Board positions, and open board positions will take place. Interested in joining the board? Contact us for a nomination form
THAMESFORD SKATING CLUB
posted Jun 12, 2020, 5:10 PM
The Zorra Skating Club is expanding! In the fall of 2020, we plan to run skating programs at both the Embro and Thamesford arenas. This is an exciting opportunity for our skaters to make use of both facilities! Stay tuned for more details.
Watch for our Fall/Winter Registration this summer! We wish all our skating families a wonderful summer, and we hope to see you next season!