Program Assistants (PA) are a very important part of our learn-to-skate programs.
PA Roles and Responsibilities
- Set out the banners and toys at the beginning of the session
- Assist in clean up at the end of the session
- Help the skaters on and off the ice, assist the new skaters in standing, balancing and participating in warm up and cool down
- Assist in drawing the circuits as directed at the beginning of the session
- Assist the skaters on the rotation circuits as directed by the Coach
- Monitor for safety and assist the skaters during warm up and cool down
- Be a role model for the skaters on the session
Why serve as a Program Assistant?
Serving as a Program Assistant provides an opportunity for experienced skaters to improve their leadership skills, make new friends, and serve as role models for our new skaters.
Skaters considering this position may come from the STARSkate program or parents/relatives of CanSkaters. Skaters may also come from the Community Hockey or Ringette programs or be former figure skaters.
Zorra Skating Club will also sign off on high school volunteer hours.
Adult Program Assistants will also earn $5 credit per session towards their fundraising bond requirements.
Please consider joining our team. Our Learn-To-Skate programs need your help! Email Justine (for Embro) - email@example.com
Nicole (for Thamesford) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Assistant Requirements
Candidates must demonstrate:
- A helping nature
- Patience with children
- An ability to communicate ideas clearly
- A sense of commitment to tasks
- Ability to lead activities in a creative and enthusiastic manner
- PA must be at least 10 years of age