What Families Can Expect on and Off the Ice
The Zorra Skating Club wants to ensure that your skater understands the changes we have made to help keep your skater safe both on and off the ice during COVID-19. Please review the COVID-19 protocols below with your skater. For additional information, review Skate Ontario Return to Play protocols or please contact a member of the COVID-19 Oversight group if you have any concerns or questions.
PRIOR TO SKATING
- Sign your skater up through our online registration and complete payment options.
- Skaters taking part in club activities must self-screen in accordance with current public health guidelines before each session. The Daily Health Screening Questionnaire will take place on-site before participation in club activities. This screening will be completed verbally as skaters enter the arena. Spectators will follow the same protocols as skaters as they enter the facility.
- Each participant, coach, executive member and volunteer must sign (or electronically sign during registration) the Skate Ontario COVID-19 waiver.
- The Zorra Skating club will track all skaters and coaches participating in club activities on a daily basis.
OFF THE ICE
- Skaters may warm-up and cool down outside the arena if they are social distancing.
- Anyone accompanying a skater is expected to follow all facility guidelines with respect to physical distancing and must remain 2m apart at all times from members of other households.
- All visitors over the age of 2 are required to wear a face mask unless engaged in physical activities or are exempt for medical reasons. All skaters will be required to wear a mask while off the ice surface.
- The arena doors will admit skaters 20 minutes prior to their scheduled ice time.
- Skaters will follow the facilities guidelines when entering and exiting the building.
- Skaters will use hand sanitizer upon entry and exiting of the facility.
- Skaters must maintain a 2m distance from other skaters at all times.
- Skaters must arrive at the arena fully dressed.
- Skaters are able to put on their skates inside their assigned dressing room. Dressing rooms have a capacity of 15 skaters per room.
- Skaters have 15 minutes to leave the arena after their session.
ON THE ICE
- Coaches will be wearing a mask on the ice.
- Skaters are not required to wear a non-medical face mask while skating. All skating attire including gloves that are worn should be washed daily.
- Water bottles are permitted but must be kept 2m apart along the boards.
- Skaters will enter and exit from the assigned doors. Dressing rooms will be available to put on and to remove skates.
- The skating harness may be used. Coaches and skaters must wear masks and the harness must be sanitized after each use.