The Zorra Skating Club will follow the Skate Ontario Return to Play Protocols. These protocols are Skate Ontario’s rules and policies intended to enable a safe return to the sport. These protocols are based on current Ontario regulations, current public health requirements and directives, and Skate Ontario’s desire to make our sport safe for all.
Each participant, coach, executive member and volunteer must sign the Skate Ontario waiver from prior to any participation in club activities.https://zorraskatingclub.uplifterinc.com/pages/Member-Info/Waivers/
Self Screening: All individuals taking part in our skating activities must self-screen in accordance with current public health guidelines before each time they take the ice. There is a self screening questionnaire that must be completed each skating session. There will be a check in at the door each skating session to track skaters/coaches. This must be recorded to help with contract tracing in the event of positive COVID-19 cases within our skating club.
Individuals must not attend any sessions or club activities if they:
- Exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms, such as fever, cough, difficulty breathing, or other symptoms identified by health experts.
- Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Have returned from travel outside of Canada (must quarantine for 14 days at home).
If an individual becomes Unwell with Symptoms of COVID-19
If an individual becomes unwell with symptoms of COVID-19, or if someone is aware of an individual that becomes unwell with symptoms of COVID-19, that individual must immediately stop participation in skating activities.
- The individual should be isolated from all others in a well-ventilated area, or outside and provided with a non-medical face mask if one is available.
- The individual shall be sent home and instructed to follow public health guidelines regarding self-isolation and testing
- The facility should be informed in order to determine if any areas need to be closed off and/or require additional cleaning/disinfecting.
- One person from the insight group will follow up with the family to determine if next steps are being taken regarding testing.
An Individual is Tested for COVID-19
- An individual that is part of the Zorra skating club that has been tested for COVID-19 must not participate in skating activities while waiting for the results of the test.
- All Zorra Skating Club members who might have been in close contact with the individual will be contacted by the COVID-19 Oversight Group.
- Any Zorra Skating Club members who were in close contact with the individual will not participate in Zorra Skating Club activities and will be guided to follow public health guidelines until the diagnosis of COVID-19 is ruled out by health professionals.
An Individual Tests Positive for COVID-19
- If an individual tests positive for COVID-19, they should inform a member of the Zorra Skating Club COVID-19 Oversight Group.
- The COVID-19 Oversight Group will work where requested with the facility and public health officials to assist in contact tracing.
- The COVID-19 Oversight Group will contact Zorra Skating Club members who may have been in close contact with the individual.
- Any Zorra Skating Club members who were in close contact with the individual will not participate in Zorra Skating Club activities for 14 days and should follow public health guidelines regarding self-isolation and testing.
- Zorra Skating Club will inform all Zorra Skating Club members of a positive COVID-19 result within the Zorra Skating Club.
- The Zorra Skating Club Covid-19 Oversight Group will inform and work with the facility in the case of a positive COVID-19 result and determine if any additional cleaning/disinfecting should be performed as per the facility’s guidelines
- The Zorra Skating Club will inform Skate Ontario of a positive COVID-19 diagnosis by emailing email@example.com
Return to Zorra Skating Club Activities Following Illness
- If no test was performed, or the COVID-19 test was negative, the individual may only return to Zorra Skating Club activities once they no longer have any symptoms of COVID-19.
Return to Zorra Skating Club Activities Following COVID-19
- Following a positive COVID-19 test, an individual must follow all public health guidelines regarding return to activities.
Modification/Restriction/Postponing or Cancelling of Zorra Skating Club Activities
- Based on the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, the Zorra Skating Club must follow public health, municipal/provincial government and sport recommendations regarding modifying/restricting/postponing or canceling activities. In the event of cancellation, Zorra Skating Club will notify all members via email, facebook and the website.
Public Health Guidelines
Zorra Skating Club members should follow all public health guidelines regarding COVID-19. These may include:
- Any Zorra Skating Club members who themselves have travelled outside of Canada, or has someone in their household who has travelled outside of Canada must self-isolate and not participate in Zorra Skating Club activities for 14 days.
- Any individual who has been exposed to someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 should self-isolate and is not permitted to participate in Zorra Skating Club activities for 14 days.
- Any individual with symptoms of COVID-19 is not permitted to take part in Zorra Skating Club activities.
- Ontario Public Health Resource: https://www.publichealthontario.ca/en/diseases-and-conditions/infectious-diseases/respiratory-diseases/novel-coronavirus/public-resources