Proof of Vaccination Policy
Arena Protocols: 21-09-13 Protocol - Arena Step 3 v2.pdf
Effective September 22, 2021, in order to enter the Township of Zorra Community Centres, patrons must provide the required proof of identification and proof of being fully vaccinated, with limited exceptions.
- Proof of vaccination is not required for anyone under 12 years of age (however is required for an accompanying adult/guardian).
- Proof of vaccination is not required for skaters under 18 years of age who are actively participating in skating sessions.
- Proof of vaccination is not required for anyone with a medical exemption. A written document completed by a physician (MD) or nurse practitioner (RN(EC) or NP) stating the individual is exempt for medical reasons from being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and the effective time-period for the medical reason is required.
- All spectators aged 12 years and older will be required to show their proof of vaccination and identification. This is required each time they enter the facility as privacy regulations prohibit us from keeping a record of an individual's proof of vaccination.
- Proof of vaccination is an unaltered copy of the Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Receipt. This can be in paper form, online, or picture form.
- Identification is to include name and birthday and must match the proof of vaccination (photo is not required). Acceptable identification includes a Birth Certificate, Driver's License, Health Card, Citizenship Card, Permanent Resident Card, Passport or other Government issued ID
- Patrons unable to provide proof of vaccination or the inability to meet all the requirements will not be permitted entry into the facility.
An individual is considered fully vaccinated if they have received:
- The full series of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized by Health Canada, or any combination of such vaccines, or
- One or two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada, followed by one dose of a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine authorized by Health Canada, or
- Three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada; and
- They received their final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before providing the proof of being fully vaccinated.
Township of Zorra staff will be checking for proof of vaccination, as well as the covid screening, at the entrance to the facilities. Please be advised that this is a mandate from the Province of Ontario under the Reopening Ontario Act, and both the arena and skating club are required by law to follow these protocols.
If a skater is no longer able to participate in a session as a result of these new regulations, we will provide a full refund/credit. We encourage you to reach out to us as soon as possible at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- Member Name
- Skater Name
- Indicate if you would like a refund or a credit to your account for use in future
- Refunds will be sent through email money transfer using the email address on
your skater’s account
Thank you for your continued support and patience as we work through these new
~Zorra Skating Club
Copy can be downloaded here: Proof of Vaccination Policy - Zorra Township Fall 2021.pdf