Volunteering Your Time
Volunteers are essential to running the club. From becoming a board member, running the music, helping out on the ice as a program assistant, running events such as carnival, holiday ice show, etc.. Sometimes there may be volunteer opportunities that help both other organizations run events and raise money for our club, such as the Embro Tractor Pull. Current volunteer opportunities are listed below.
Any question? Contact the fundraising committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
$10 bond is earned towards your family's bond for every hour worked
Update: August 2021 Tractor Pull cancelled
$5 bond is earned towards your family's bond for every CanSkate session
WHO ARE THEY?
Program Assistants, are volunteers who play a very important part in the CanSkate Program, and contribute greatly to the success of a club's program.
WHAT IS THEIR ROLE?
- Assist the Skate Canada Coach in on-ice program delivery
- Demonstrate skills and teaching progressions
- Supervise practice time
- Lead warm-ups and cool-downs under the direction of the Skate Canada Coach
- Reinforce learned skills (follow up on coach’s instruction)
- Lead exercises, drills, learning activities and creative expression
- Hand out awards & incentives
- Assist with On-ice circuits
- Provide individual and group assistance
- Be trained on an annual basis
HOW ARE PROGRAM ASSISTANTS SELECTED?
Program Assistants must:
- Must be 12 years of age or older and passed the Star 2 Freeskate assessment.
- Have a patient helping nature
- Be able to communicate ideas clearly
- Shadow PAs must be at least 10 years of age or older. They will assist the Skate Canada coach and the program assistants as they learn the role of a PA.
Applications will be available and can be filled out at registration
ADULT PROGRAM ASSISTANTS
We welcome adults with skating experience to volunteer as Program Assistants. All adult PA’s are required to have a police check on file before they help out on the ice.